Well, this is a common issue with all the brother printer models. Some users have reported that their printers are not printing properly or not at all.
If your Brother printer stops working on a Windows or Mac computer, this article is for you. We’ve outlined the solutions to printer problems in this post. We have also clarified the problem of a Brother printer that doesn’t print black and isn’t printing color by describing it in greater detail.
Why Is My Brother’s Printer Not Working?
The Offline Problem Is Causing My Brother Printer to Not Print
Check to see whether the printer is in offline mode. If this occurs, your printer will most likely quit functioning. Change the option as follows –
- Click on the start button on your computer.
- Go to settings.
- Click on Add a printer or scanner. Select the location where you need to add the printer, and then click Continue. Click on No printers detected? (Select Yes if there are no problems). Then click on devices and under ‘devices,’ select “printers and scanners.”
- Now select the printer you are using.
- Right-click on the printer.
- Click on see what’s printing option from the dropdown menu.
- Select the ‘printer’ option from the upper left corner.
- Select Use Settings from the drop-down menu that appears. Now deselect the option to print using an offline printer.
- Check the box labeled “Use printer offline.”
By checking the port, my brother’s printer fixed the “not printing” problem.
Firstly ensure that your Brother printer is connected to the right port. In case if it’s not, follow these steps-
- Click the start button on your PC.
- Go to settings.
- Then, click on devices and select ‘printer & scanners.
- Now select devices and printers.
- From the device list, select the printer you are using and right-click on it.
- From the dropdown menu select ‘properties’.
- Under properties, select ‘change properties’ from the general section.
- Thereafter, select the ’ports’ option and click on the port which contains your printer name.
- Finally, click on ‘apply’ to complete the process.
The Brother Printer Is ‘Ready’ But Isn’t Printing Yet
- Firstly check if the printer status is ready. If not, put it on ready.
- Now, double-check to see whether you have too many printing requests. To check this, just hover your mouse cursor over the Brother Printer icon. Various choices will appear depending on the status, such as Offline, Paused, and Use Printer.
- Add the printer to your queue. Remove any old print jobs from the printer’s tray. Check for any documents in the queue. If there are, right-click on the Brother Printer and then cancel all of its tasks.
- If your brother printer’s status is offline, right-click on the printer symbol and just uncheck Use Printer Offline from the menu. Then click on the Use Printer Online option to bring it back online.
Verify that the Brother printer is installed in the proper way.
If you detect a problem with your printer’s installation, you must uninstall it and then reinstall it. Here’s how to do it:
Removing your Brother printer:
- Click on the start button on your PC.
- Then go to the ‘control panel’ settings.
- Click on ‘devices’ and then click on ‘printers & scanners.
- Under ‘printers & scanners’ select the printer you are using.
- Then click on the ‘remove device’ option. Now your device is removed successfully.
Re-installing your printer –
- Select the start button on your PC.
- Then go to settings.
- Click on devices then click on ‘printers & scanners.
- Under printers & scanners select the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- Wait for the completion of the search process for the new devices.
- After the search process gets completed, a device list will appear. Choose your Brother printer from the list and click on ‘add device’.
Brother Printer Not Printing – MAC
The driver error for the Brother Printer may also lead to the printer not operating in Mac. The driver error is caused by a bad printer driver or a system outdated driver. You must use the proper printer drivers so that the printer may function correctly. Here’s what you should do –
- Visit the Brother Printer’s website and download the most recent printer driver.(https://www.brother-usa.com/brother-support/driver-downloads).
- Install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
- After you’ve installed the driver, open the “Apple” menu and select “System Preferences.”
- Now click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Select your printer from the drop-down list and click the ‘+’ button to add it. Select your Brother printer from the list of displayed printers and then choose “Add” from the drop-down menu.
- Now your Brother printer will be ready to use on Mac
Is Your Brother Machine On or Off?
Occasionally, the printer is switched off, even though many people are unaware of it. Check to see if the printer’s power source is functioning properly. Here’s how you do it:
- If the LED light on the Brother printer is lit, it implies that enough power is available.
- When the LED light is bright and lighting, the Brother Printer displays “ON.”
- If the error light is on or flashing, it implies that the printer has some problems.
- If the printer won’t power on despite the fact that all of the lights are on, check to see whether there is a problem with the outlet. If required, reconnect the power cord again.
My brother’s printer is not printing in black color.
We’ve outlined tactics to fix the ‘Brother Printer not printing in Black color’ problem in this part. Here’s a short rundown of the most frequent reasons why your Brother printer won’t print in black text.
- This message indicates that the tape on the printer cartridge has not been removed correctly.
- The use of low-quality, off-brand ink cartridges.
- If the new cartridge isn’t installed properly ahead of time.
- It’s possible that the printer is not in use frequently or the tanks are not combined appropriately.
Steps to resolve the problem of a Brother printer that won’t print in black
- Users must utilize high-quality generic cartridges since they give the correct viscosity. Users should also make use of the chemical formulation that will not obstruct the print nozzle.
- In case you place your printer near a window, the ink might congeal in the printhead if it’s kept in a warm location. As a result, the printer must be set up correctly.
- Check for printing on a regular basis: If the printer isn’t used on a frequent basis, the fine print nozzles may dry up and become blocked.
Hope these steps help you to fix the Brother printer won’t print the black color issue.
Steps to Take in Regulating Brother Printer Colors Not Printing
When your Brother printer won’t print in color, there are just two phases to follow:
A. Firstly, check whether the ink cartridges are installed properly
B. Secondly clean the print head that might be leading to the issue.
1. That is how you can tell if your ink cartridges are seated correctly.
- Open the paper output cover.
- Once the headcover opens, push up the ink cartridge lock lever.
- Now close the paper output cover.
Please note: If the problem persists, remove and reinstall the fine cartridges.
2. That’s how you can clean the printhead.
- Begin by printing the print quality check sheet.
- At this step hit the “ink” or “Ink indicator” option and click on “Test Print”.
- Select the “Print Quality” option. Thereafter, press the “Color Start” key.
- Now closely check the print quality check sheet. The colors should appear in the order from left to right “Black. Yellow, cyan and magenta”.
- Now choose “No” when LCD asks you if the print quality is ok.
- Here LCD will ask you if you wish to start cleaning.
- In continuance with the above step , press the “Color Start” key and the machine starts cleaning the print head.
- Here press the “Color Start” option once the machine finishes cleaning printhead. Another print quality sheet will print.
- Here repeat the cleaning and quality check process as followed in the previous steps.
- Now compare the print quality check sheets and you will definitely see improvement.
- Lastly, press “Stop or exit”.
Why is Your Brother Printer Connected to WiFi But Not Printing?
Verify if your Brother printer is connected to your PC-
You can do this by following these steps-
- Check to see whether your Brother Printer is set as the “DEFAULT” printer in your PC.
- If you’re having trouble printing wirelessly, make sure your Brother printer and PC are connected to the same router and access point.
- Check for any faults with the connection of your ethernet cable.
- Finally double-check that your printer isn’t in a “paused” or “offline” status.
There are several methods for detecting and repairing a Brother Printer. You may use the steps outlined on this article to repair printer problems. However, if you’re unable to get your printer operational, please contact us for further assistance.