In Brother Printer, these types of issues occur sometimes and I think it’s a common issue among various other printers too. But don’t worry, in this article, I am going to discuss this issue only. Why this problem arises and how you can fix your brother’s printer easily.
So, be with me till the end of the article and you will learn how to fix the problem of the brother printer from every aspect of the issue. Firstly, let us see some of the manual things you have to keep in mind, before going towards technical things.
Common Issues Why Your Brother Printer is Offline.
- Network Connection error between your computer and the brother printer.
- Invalid Settings
- Corrupted drives or outdated
- Check, there should be no blockage in the ink toner.
- Your Brother printer is not set to default.
- Look at the inserted USB cable from both the sides and check whether they are inserted properly or not.
- If you are connected through cable, if using different ports of computer.
- And if the printer is networked, check the ethernet cable and insert it accordingly.
Okay, As we discussed some of the common issues why your brother’s printer goes offline. Now, let’s talk about them in detail with solutions. Stay tuned!
Brother Printer is offline – How to Bring it Online
Assure that Use “Brother Printer Offline Mode” is not Selected.
Your Brother printer goes offline if this mode is active in your system. Therefore, check whether it is selected or not.
- Click on the start menu and visit the control Panel.
- Here you will see an option of Device and Printers.
- Now, from the different options, select your printer that needs to get fixed. Right, Click.
- If your brother printer is in offline mode, then you will see an option of Use Printer Online Option. Now, your printer is in online mode. Enjoy!!
Ensure your Brother Printer is Set as Default Printer
Brother Printer being offline is a major issue, follow these steps that are mentioned below-
- Go to Control Panel, and select Devices and Printers Option from there.
- Here, you will see your printers. If your print is already green checked then, it’s already at default settings.
- And if not, Right Click and set it on Use as a Default Printer.
Always Keep your Brother printer Updated
Your printer can also show offline problems if its version is outdated or the drive is corrupted. Please ensure that your printer is running on the latest updates. Follow these steps to update your printer.
- Search in Window for Device Managers Option and Click.
- After clicking you will see a variety of options. Now explore the printer section.
- Now, in the section. You will see your print that needs to be updated.
- Right Click. Here at first you will see the Update Driver option and once it gets downloaded restart your PC and Printer.
Brother Printer Offline Issue. Check for Network Connection Error?
If you are using a Wireless Printer. Then you may face this Issue with Wi-Fi Network. Another major problem is that your device is not configured properly on your PC or Desktop.
To ensure I.P. addresses Configuration. Follow these steps.
- Go to the Configuration Screen.
- Go to Networking Tabs from Settings.
- You will see a Drop-Down Menu and from here select IP address Option.
- Go to manual settings and enter the correct IP address.
Some Other Factors Related to Brother Printer Offline Issue
Sometimes ensuring these checkpoints may help. Let’s Discuss.
- If you have a wireless Wi-Fi connection, then make sure that both of them are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- After the configuration is completed. Always restart your device, so that the setting of Your printer can be saved.
- Disturbed Voltage, Low level of Ink, jams are some of the common reasons.
Still, Your Brother Printer is Showing Offline?
Then don’t worry. I won’t take your time. Follow these simple steps to fix this offline issue of your Brother printer.
- Shut down your Brother printer.
- Your printer is still somehow connected to the computer, delete your printer from the computer. You can go to the ‘Devices and printers’ option from your control panel to delete this Option.
- Now, uninstall the drivers of the Printer from your computer. Once you did that.
- Click Windows+R search for Spool in the Box.
- Here, you will see an option of Printer Folder, open it and erase all the files from the folder. Make it Empty.
- Time to turn on your printer.
- Now print a page of Network Configuration from your printer.
- You will see a I.P address on your network configuration page, there will be a need for this IP address later.
- Again visit, devices and printer and you will see an option of Add printer.
- Click on the option The Printer I want isn’t Listed and select the option ‘Add printer using I.P. address.
- Fill the I.P address in the section and press enter.
- Now, there will be automatic installation of your drive, your computer will search the printer from the network.
- Once the printer is installed, open the smart app and your printer is back online.
So, that’s all. I have tried to solve this issue from every aspect. I am sure that if you follow these simple steps, your printer will be online again. To avoid this issue in the future, make sure that you keep your system updated and uninstall corrupted Drivers. Every troubleshooting method is mentioned above.
I can assure you by following these simple procedures, you will get your printer back Online.
Thanks, Hope this information is helpful. Please share your views in the comment section.