Learn How to Scan a Document from a Canon Printer in either Mac or Windows 10
Scanning is the most effective method to carry a hardcopy document with you at all times. When you scan a paper, an electronic duplicate version becomes readily available. Furthermore, if you run a business or need to scan a copy of your paper frequently, you may do so with your printer.
The technology is progressing at breakneck speed, and it is providing us with many contemporary functions. Canon has also given us some new printers that can scan papers as well as other features.
If you’re wondering how to scan on a Canon printer or don’t know how to do it, keep reading. This post will teach you everything you need to know about document scanning from start to finish.
So, be thorough and get your hard copy scanned while keeping a new soft copy of the paper.
5 Best Way to Prepare a Document to Scan on a Canon Printer?
- First and foremost, you must ensure that your Canon printer is capable of scanning.
- After that, you’ll need to hook up your printer to the computer. Additionally, if required, turn on the printer.
- The Scanner’s lid should be lifted in order for it to scan documents face-down.
- Then place the document face-down on the scanner.
- Finally, shut down the scanner.
Furthermore, if you’re wondering how to scan with a Canon printer on Windows 10 or Mac, keep reading. You may also scan a document using your Canon printer on Windows 10 and Mac. Review the information below and start scanning the papers.
11 Steps to Scan From Canon Printer to Computer Windows 10?
- To access the scan menu, you must first click the Windows logo at the left bottom corner of the screen.
- After you’ve done that, search for Windows Fax and Scan to locate it.
- To scan an application that may be opened, select Windows Fax and Scan from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose New Scan from the upper-left corner of the screen.
- In this manner, a new window will pop up allowing you to double-check that you’ve picked the correct scanner.
- Check the printer’s name and model number. Just in case something goes wrong, go under Change and pick your printer.
- After that, you must choose the document type by clicking the Profile and selecting one of the drop-down options.
- You should also pick a color for your document. To do so, click on the Color format and choose an option from the selection.
- After you select the file type, click Browse… and then choose a location where you want to save the scanned document. It could be anything as long as it’s a PDF or JPG file.
- You can also select different options, such as resolutions and modify the document before scanning, depending on the scanner’s functionality and features.
- After you’ve finished setting up everything, you may preview the document before it is scanned. Scan your documents by clicking the Scan button.
This is how you’ll be able to scan on your Windows 10 computer and no longer have to worry about how to scan papers with a Canon printer. Where do you store the scanned copy? Well, in order to obtain the scanned image on your desktop, follow these steps:
- You should start the File Explorer on your PC using the Start or Search option.
- Then you’ll be prompted to open Documents on the left side of Windows.
- Select Scanned Documents by double-clicking.
You may then search for the document in your computer once it is scanned. If you want to scan a paper on the Canon printer with a Mac, follow these instructions.
10 Steps to Scan From Canon Printer to Mac?
- To begin, open the Apple menu by clicking on the Apple logo in the left-top corner of your screen.
- Select the System Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select your Canon printer from the list of printers displayed on the right side of the System Preferences window.
- You must also click on Open Scanner and then Show Details to view your scan results.
- In this manner, you may examine the Format option and click on it to select the file type.
- You must pick a kind of file from the drop-down menu such as PDF, JPG.
- After that, choose the color option from the Kind drop-down menu such as Black and White.
- Then determine where you want to store your scanned document; you may save it in any folder or location by clicking Save To and selecting a destination from the list.
- Furthermore, you may select from other alternatives such as resolution or orientation, and choose all of the options before scanning the document and configuring the parameters to your satisfaction.
- Finally, scan the document by clicking Scan. The option may be found at the bottom of the screen. Your paper will be scanned and stored at the location you’ve chosen when you click on it.
With the execution of these procedures, your document will be scanned on your Mac without any difficulty. Furthermore, you won’t have to worry about how to scan a document on a Canon printer in the future. If you run into difficulties while looking for the Canon printer in the list of available devices, you may add it and scan the document.
Scanning the Documents with a Canon Printer Will Help You Fix Every Problem:
Aside from this, if you have a problem scanning with a Canon printer and don’t know how to do it, contact the customer service team right away. The personnel are always ready to assist you and provide all of the necessary information. If there is an issue with the technical system, the support staff will remedy it.