The new generation of printers offers a lot of fantastic features. The greatest of them being wireless printing. Wireless printing makes printing more efficient and easy. One can print from any device connected to the same network as the printer. Wireless printing simplifies the printing process. All you need to have is a common network connection for your printer and computer. Once this setup is done, you can easily give printing commands without attaching the printer to the computer.
In this blog, we will teach you the steps for the HP office jet pro 6968 wireless setup. Please note that these steps are highly recommended by professionals so follow them for HP office jet pro 6968 wireless setup.
Before starting the process for HP office jet pro 6968 wireless setups, make sure that you have all the required stuff for the process. Firstly your windows setup should be Windows Vista or a higher version and Mac must be of OS 10.5 or higher version. Secondly, the computer you are using should be connected to an 802.11 b/g/n Wireless connection. The IP address of a computer must be dynamic.
- Visit the official site of Hp and enter the name of your printer. Click on the find option and download the software which appears on top.
- After this run the setup.exe file on the device.
- Switch ON the printer and set up the device for the connection process.
- Use the instructions which are prompted on the screen and complete the process of driver installation. When asked, choose the connection as “wireless” in the connection option.
- Click Yes to “send wireless settings on the printer” on the network connection window.
- After some time the printer will automatically get connected to the computer and a confirmation window will be displayed.
- Now some on-screen instructions will be placed, follow them and complete the HP office jet pro 6968 wireless setups.
HP office jet pro 6968 wireless setup requirements of the process-
- For the complete setup process, you need the name of the network SSID, security code (passphrase) WEP key, and a computer connected in the same network as the printer.
- Switch ON the router, computer, and printer. Remove the USB cable or any other cables from the printer.
- In case you are using the USB connections then change to a wireless connection.
- For converting into wireless connection, search hp in the downloaded programs and select your printer. Go to utilities and then and select printer setup and software. Then select convert USB to wireless. Use on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
HP office jet pro 6968 wireless setups with wireless setup wizard-
- On the printer’s control panel touch the wireless icon and the wireless menu.
- Then touch wireless settings and choose HP office jet pro 6968 wireless setup wizard.
- The printer will automatically scan the wireless networks available.
- You have to select your preferred network and then follow the prompts which appear on the screen for completion of the process.
- To download the latest version of the printer driver software, visit the official website of Hp. You can also do the same with the package CD.
- Switch ON the printer. On the hp website choose the printer name/model and press download.
- Change the software version by the change option. Click download under the driver heading and use the basic driver option.
How to find the WEP code-
This is required to establish a wireless connection. Use the following instructions to locate it.
The internet company assigns you a network password. Get your WEP password from the original documents from the Internet Company. If you did not get the password earlier then call your internet service provider for help.
- Right-click the wireless network icon, then click open network and sharing center. Then choose adapter settings.
- Locate your network in the given list.
- Click wireless properties, and open the security tab. Gather the password info from there.
- In the Finder menu, click Go and then go to utilities. Open Key chain applications> local items> password.
- Choose the preferred network from available networks. Double click on your network and then select show password.
- The device may ask for the administrator password. Click OK and proceed.