You have made an optimistic choice if you have recently bought hp Officejet Pro 8710 printer or if you are already using it. The printer is well known for its efficient printing and performance overall. But sometimes problems do occur in every device which can be resolved by easy steps.
Query- I bought a hp Officejet pro 8710 printers a week ago, but it went offline all of a sudden. The printer is connected to a wireless network but it still appears to be offline. The printer is printing fine if I try to print from the other computer connected to the same network but not from the laptop. I have no clue what is wrong with the printer. What steps should I perform to solve this issue? Why does the hp office pro 8710 keep going offline?
Steps to fix hp Officejet pro 8710 offline-
To begin with, the most obvious reason why hp office jet pro 8710 goes offline is because of the weak connection between the computer and the printer. This issue is very common and solutions are very easy to perform. The possible reasons for these are the router firmware update, the need for the installation of a new router, or a loose connection. If you want to fix hp Officejet pro 8710 offline to online, first check these factors.
- The HP printer shows offline status.
- The drivers of the printer are misconfigured.
- The connection of the USB may be loose.
- The problem in wireless connection.
- The print command fails.
The main steps include-
- The environment of the printer needs to be re-set.
- Re-installation of the printer’s driver.
- Setting the hp office jet pro 8710 as a default printer.
Number one- The environment of the printer needs to be re-set.
This will restore the connection between the computer and printer.
- Turn OFF the printer. Start it again after a few minutes.
- Disconnect the printer’s cord from the power socket.
- Connect the cord and turn ON the printer once again.
- If the printer’s connection is wireless, restart the Wi-Fi connection.
- Switch ON the computer.
- Try to print a sample document. If it does not print move forward to the next step.
Number two- Re-installation of latest printer driver-
- Uninstall the old printer drivers.
- Restart your PC.
- Go to the official HP website and download the HP office jet 8710 printer’s driver.
- Complete the wireless or USB setup.
- Try to print, or move to the next step.
Number three- Setting the hp office jet pro 8710 as default-
- In your PC, go to settings, then devices and printers.
- Select the name of your printer.
- Right-click and then click on set as default.
- Try to print a document now.
These are the steps through which you can easily fix the Hp OfficeJet Pro 8710 offline issue. You can also use the troubleshooter to fix this issue. In the query, the box enters troubleshooting and click on troubleshooting which will appear on the screen. Then select the option of “use a printer”. Then follow the commands appearing on the screen.
Hp also provides a completely free tool called hp print and scan doctor to get any kind of problems accessed related to printing and scanning.